We don’t accept health insurance payments because we feel strongly about providing you with the best counseling experience out there – and when you’re insurance company is pulling the strings on YOUR mental health, it makes it difficult to fulfill that desire. Insurance companies require a diagnosis for reimbursement which goes on your permanent medical record and can prevent you from certain careers and benefits during your lifetime (and Sabrina just isn’t cool with that).
We’re not an in-network provider for any health insurance company and therefore cannot bill your insurance company for you. We’re happy to provide a superbill for reimbursement for out-of-network insurance plans. Please check with your insurance provider to determine if they will reimburse for out-of-network services and contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
We’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
- 30 minute Sessions (Individual only) $55
- 50 minute Sessions (Individual or Couple) $90
- 75 minute Sessions (Individual, Couple, or Family) $120
- 90 minute Sessions (Couple or Family) $150
- Pre-Adoption or Pre-Fostering Preparation Package $400
See the Services page for additional information.
Payment is required the date of service. We accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment. We require that a credit or debit card is kept on file in your Electronic Health Record, regardless of method of payment.
If you need to cancel or reschedule a session, we ask that you provide us with 24 hours’ notice. If you miss a session without canceling, or cancel with less than 24 hour notice, you will be required to pay the full session fee (unless we both agree that you were unable to attend due to illness or emergent circumstances beyond your control). After two missed appointments we will discuss whether this is the right time for therapy and/or if referrals are appropriate.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!