At Lullaby Hopes Counselings Services, we focus on the forgotten moms – the disenfranchised women that people commonly overlook or judge. Here are some experiences our moms come to us with:
- The frustrated mom who’s been pregnant but never given birth.
- The overwhelmed teen mom who made the tough decision to keep her baby.
- The grieving mom who gave birth to a stillborn child.
- The lonely mom who decided to give up her baby for adoption.
- The brokenhearted mom that had to terminate due to medical concerns.
- The scared mom struggling with the scary thoughts of postpartum depression or anxiety.
- The shocked mom who can’t stop thinking about her traumatic birth experience.
Clients who we have the privilege of helping usually fall into one of three seasons of life:
- Having trouble getting pregnant – either primary or secondary infertility
- Have been given a reproductive limiting diagnosis such as PCOS, blocked tubes, endometriosis, etc.
- Are unable to get pregnant for medical reasons
- Are in the midst of assisted reproduction (IVF, IUI, Surrogacy, etc.)
- Have a pregnancy with a diagnosis of a life-limiting condition at birth and subsequently are having to make the tough decision to continue the pregnancy or meet your baby early
- Have had one or multiple pregnancy losses by miscarriage or stillbirth
- Experienced a traumatic birth
- Are experiencing perinatal depression or perinatal anxiety
- Have a baby in palliative care or in the NICU
- Have given birth to a baby that has passed away
- Are experiencing postpartum depression or postpartum anxiety
- Have had to have a hysterectomy and are adjusting to surgical menopause
Experiencing difficulties in any of the 3 seasons can cause some common emotions:
Anger, depression, isolation, disconnection, apathy, brokenness, stress, sadness, loneliness, anxiety, shame, lack of intimacy, panic attacks, shaken faith, feeling out of control, inability to focus, or frustration.
It’s likely that one or more of these feelings or experiences is what brought you to this website. It is also quite likely that these feelings are being felt at different times between you and your spouse and your marriage is probably feeling a little on the rocks right now.
While all of this normal and an expected in these seasons of life, if you cannot move past these feelings or they are preventing you from living the life you want, it’s probably a good idea to begin to seek out the assistance of a professional. Sabrina would be honored if you chose her to work with through the endeavor of mending and healing.
Click the Start Here button above to schedule your complimentary phone appointment and let’s get you the relief you need.